Thursday 30 May 2013

My Direction

After looking into existing examples of visual styles, I have identified the important connections between positive and negative lighting and also how it is used to express 'theme'. My examples in particular looked at their own perceptions of our future and although in fictional ways, can easily be transferred to our present world. Although we are uncertain of our future, we can develop current situations into very believable scenarios. The examples I used all visually expressed a futuristic theme, but also utilized it to tell a story. 

From this new understanding, I am going to build my environment using my personal perception of what our future could look like, whilst expressing my influences for the examples I have shown. I will then light the scene in a positive and negative way to represent the good/bad potential of our future. The list I made from my second post is what I will use to express both variants and how our future can be shaped around them.

Light is not just used to express something physical, but also used to express something psychological. (This is a new statement I developed. It will be a reference between the positive and negative lighting examples. These examples will reflect from the list I made earlier.)

My examples from this project and previous BA7 research have influenced me into a solid art direction. I will build an environment in the near distant future. It will be simplistic, bold, sleek and polished. Minimalism is what is important in the design process, so light can then be used to 'express' the emotion. I will not need to change any textures, colours or add any unnecessary or obstructive features. The purpose of my environment is to express my two chosen variants of light. To show the power of lighting and what it can really do to a scene, without physically changing anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment